Wednesday, July 2, 2008

What an amazing year!

On Monday we celebrated our one year anniversary. Like Eric said, it may not have been what we expected but it sure has been full of love and blessings. Not many people get to celebrate their first anniversary with their new baby. It was an awesome day and I appreciate Eric so much. He's such a great husband and the nicest person in the whole world. LITERALLY! I've never felt so loved and appreciated by another person. He's my partner and my teammate. Life is so much better with him and that's because he chooses to make life great. He wakes up everyday with a huge smile and so energetic for life. He gives me so much confidence in myself and protection from negativity. He kisses me everyday and most importantly, he tells me he loves me all the time. He prays with me and helps me with my relationship with God. I never doubt his love and it's crazy to think that he loves me even more than I thought possible. Standing on the altar on our wedding day I thought that was the best that life could get. But that was only the beginning. I love Eric more today that I did on our wedding day and can't imagine how much more I will love him over the next 84 years. He was so supportive and encouraging during the pregnancy. He truly is my mate and does just as much for Jarem if not more that I do. He wakes up at night and holds Jarem at dinnertime so I can eat first. He changes diapers, pee or poop. He doesn't flinch when Jarem spits up all over him. He doesn't get embarrassed or shy and isn't too cool to carry the diaper bag or my purse. I love him more than I can ever express on this little blog here but hopefully you all can appreciate him and all he does. He keeps me going in life and keeps me happy. My life and Jarem's life are both so much better because of him. I love you Eric!!

As for Monday, I woke up to my favorite present of all... Eric shaved his head, completely bald! I know most people say his hair is always short but I love it when he shaves his head bald. So handsome!! He took a picture of himself and made a cute photo card for me. Your first anniversary is paper so most of our presents revolved around that theme. Eric went to work for the day and I stayed him with Jarem and babysat my nephew Braden. I'd been having some problems throughout the weekend and decided to call my doctor on Monday morning. It turned out that they wanted me to come in for an appointment. Eric was planning to get off work early to hang out with us at home but those plans changed a little. Instead he came home and went with my to my doctor's appointment. Everything turned out fine but it was good to get checked and make sure.

After my doctor appointment we both had to finish a little shopping so Eric went to Target and I went to Wal-Mart. We came back home and went in separate rooms to finish our presents. No shame in admitting it because we both knew that we had no time to prepare with how the day had taken a weird change in events with my doctor's appointment and all. When we came back together my part of the present exchange began. I loaded the car with goodies and had Eric close his eyes. I drove him to our neighborhood park and we had a family picnic. I know that may not sound so nice when it's 108 degrees out but it was so awesome! We laid in the shade on a blanket and ate dinner on paper plates. Jarem was awake and playing with us. He smiles a lot now so we played with him and really enjoyed our first family picnic together.

Afterwards we came home and Eric changed a poopy diaper. :) While he was changing Jarem's diaper I was setting the stage for the next present. I set the dinner table with some goodies for Eric to commemorate some wedding memories. I played our song "Somos Novios" on the computer and Eric came into the dining room. The table was set with our wedding cake, decorated with our cake topper and all. I had set out our knives that we got as a present. They are engraved and we also have the matching goblets also engraved. We danced to our song with Jarem between us and then enjoyed dessert. It's funny cause at the wedding the only cake we ate is the one bite we fed to each other for pictures. It was AMAZING getting to eat such yummy cake and enjoy every bite. I don't usually eat cake but this cake tasted fantastic! We made a good choice.


The next thing I had planned was for us to have a movie night. I had the movie already prompted and ready to go. I pushed play and we watched our wedding video. The ceremony gave both of us chills and even a few tears for me. We sang all the songs and cuddled while we watched our wedding day all over again. Eric was so handsome in his tux and his smile was HUGE! Watching him cry as I came down the aisle brought back so many memories. The best day of my life. That day began the biggest year in my life. We got married, bought a house, bought a car, both got new jobs, got kitties, and the biggest and best change, we had Jarem.

Whew!

After the video Eric gave me my presents. The first present is a picture to hang in our house. The words on the picture are almost exactly quoted from our second reading that we used at our wedding. Very special. He wrote a special message on the back of the picture so we will never forget where it came from. It's fun to think that each time we move or redecorate we'll find that message and smile. The second present I got from Eric was a book full of all kinds of puzzles. He knew that I get bored while feeding Jarem so he got me a book to keep me occupied and also to help keep my brain growing. It helps expand parts of your brain that you don't usually use. It's so addicting! I've stayed up the past two nights doing puzzles until way too late. But it's very fun! Eric also got me some clear mascara which may sound silly but it's the only piece of make-up (other than chapstick) that I wear everyday. My crazy curly hair always needs taming and it's the only thing that works.

The night ended with one last present from me. I got us a journal to start writing in. It's not an everyday journal, it's an Anniversary Journal. We'll write in it each year on our anniversary and describe what we did and what we got each other. It's a cool way for us to remember all the special years and memories that we share. Every anniversary is special and we don't want to forget one single year. So we'll write in our journal and then we will never forget. It's a cool tradition to start on our first anniversary.

Well, I'll definitely be writing more soon. I have tons more that I want to write. But Rose is about to get here and I can't wait to see her! Night...


2 comments:

Eric said...

Wow, thank you so much babe. It is my pleasure. I love this life that we've built. And I'll do whatever/whenever to prove it to you! :)

Brittney said...

awe! you guys.... way too cute!
i called you today, we were on our way to swim at an old neighbors house, and wanted to come visit you, i really want to see you before you go back to work!
sounds like you had such a wonderful anniversary! congrats on the first year, i doubt any year can top this first one you had, it was a wild ride for you both this year!