Wednesday, July 23, 2008

I survived

With the help of great co-workers and family and friends who checked on me throughout the day, I made it through my first day back at work. I only got tears in my eyes twice and they were good tears. The first time it happened was because after looking for my computer tower (mass confusion with the move during my absence) and successfully finding it, I logged on and was surprised to find an ultrasound picture of Jarem. I should have remembered it was there since I stared at it for almost 7 months but it caught me so off guard that I got emotional and got a couple tears in my eyes. It's so weird to look back at those pictures and remember that only a few short months ago he was in my belly and I had so many questions about what he would be like. Well now I know the answers. HE'S AMAZING! Whatever the question it can pretty much be answered with that one one phrase.

The second time I got teared up is when I read this awesome email about moms. I received it from a co-worker a while back for Mother's Day. Reading it today for the first time was perfect. It helped me remember why Eric and I work so hard. It made me feel proud that I am a mom. My favorite line talked about the amazing joy and satisfaction that I feel from feeding a hungry baby. Boy is that true.

My amazing co-worker Kathi also helped start my day off right. She brought me some flowers and the biggest box of tissues I have ever seen, just in case. :) She is so thoughtful and supportive. I'm very lucky to have such awesome co-workers welcome me back.


My mom got off work around 11:30 and picked up Jarem by noon. Kind of a funny story though. My mom and Jarem came to meet me for lunch. I got in the car and was ecstatic to be with my boy (grammy too). We got to Samurai Sam's and when getting out of the car I asked my mom where the diaper bag was. Her jaw dropped as she realized that she had forgotten it at Kindercare. Oops! She made the joke that we'd be fine as long as he didn't poop. She planned to stop on the way home and pick it up. Well, we get in to Samurai Sam's, order, get our food and I hold Jarem as I start to eat. All of a sudden, there's a large rumble from down under. HE POOPED! HAH!! What luck?!? We put lids on our food and rushed to the car. We were going to run to Food City to buy some diapers and wipes before it leaked out everywhere. But luckily the amazing Jarem fell asleep as soon as we got in the car. He zonked out. So instead my mom just dropped me back off at work and continued to his daycare where she had diapers, wipes, spare outfits, a changing table, the works! Too funny...

All in all I had a great day and was beyond excited to get home. Jarem greeted me with smiles and love. Eric also gave me sweet kisses to welcome me home. His support and love makes life so great. He's so amazing because he got me a card and some flowers for surviving my first day back. He's absolutely the best and speaks my favorite language, love. I love my boys and am feeling pretty great today. Life is so good and I can't believe how immensely blessed we are. God truly provides and guides our lives. I feel great about our decisions and am really okay with childcare since I trust that Jarem is getting as much love as possible even when mommy and daddy are at work.

1 comment:

Brittney said...

so glad you survived your first, and now 2nd days back at work!
i know they were so tough when i had to go back, thats so awesome your mom helps out so much with him, it must be a relief for you.
hey, whenever you can get my maternity clothes together, i can swing by and pick them up, i may be needing them soon:) thanks!