Monday, July 21, 2008

Baby goes to Daycare: Episode 1

So as I write this, Jamie is hanging out with Jarem and the Assistant Director of the Ahwatukee KinderCare. In fact, I was just on the phone with her and she was telling me that Jarem was having a blast in an excersaucer bouncy toy.


Suddenly Jamie had to rush off of the phone. Apparently Jarem was having so much fun in the exersaucer, that he spit up everywhere! I wish I got that excited about life!

Jamie will probably spend an hour there at the center making sure that they treat him right and understand the notes that we have for him. And you know the funny thing... I didn't think that I would be, but I find myself VERY nervous... not that they're going to mistreat him... but, I don't know, there's something VERY comforting about Jamie taking such good care of him at home.

I think I'm most nervous about Jamie. She's had the last 90 days off of work and has focused all of her time and energy on keeping our baby happy and healthy. (And when I mean healthy, I mean 15 lbs. 6 ozs.) She has done such a wonderful job with Jarem and now she has to go back to work. A job she loves, but it can't compare to loving on our baby all day long! She's been such an amazing mother these past 12 weeks and I have no doubt in my m
ind that she'll be amazing in this new chapter of our life.

Obviously... more later... but here's a picture that she just sent me... Apparently he's tuckered out after the bouncing (and spitting up).

E

1 comment:

Brittney said...

soo sweet.
sniff sniff, i bet its so tough, i remember my first day leaving libby, it was so hard. it does get easier, especially when you develope a relationship with their caregivers, and can trust them.
see you guys later TODAY! finally!
yeah:)