Friday, July 11, 2008

Washington Days 0,1 and 2

Holy Moly we've had a blast thus far. I can't believe how alert Jarem has been during this trip. I'm guessing that there is just so much for him to see, hear and smell, that he's just loving life.

First let me start by saying that our son is an AMAZING travel partner! He was awake for takeoff and offered not a single peep. And as soon as we leveled out, he passed out for 2 hours! After that we hung out in the back with the flight attendants until it was time to descend, and he passed right back out. Not a single cry the entire 3 hour flight. I hope that it will be as smooth on the way home.

Yesterday (well now two days ago since it took me over an hour to get the photos loaded properly) ... Yesterday we started pretty casual, Jamie got her teeth cleaned by the best dental hygienist in the country (props to Cuz/Auntie Kacia!), then she got a one hour massage! The problem is that her back was so tight before the massage, she feels WORSE now. hmmm, I don't think that was the intention.

Anyway, after she had hers I let her take a nap with Jarem while I got my massage. It didn't compare to the ones that Jamie gives me when she wants me to do something for her, but I did fall asleep a few times.

The funny thing is that when I came back upstairs, I found her passed out and Jarem lying next to her... but instead of sleeping, our little boy was having a deep conversation with the vent on the ceiling. He was really getting into it... his arms were flailing and his legs were kicking... I can only assume that they were discussing the rising cost of oil and the immense impact it has had to steer our country into an economic downturn. Either that or he had gas... but I am sure it had something to do with gas.

Anyway, my mom came in just behind me and joined Jarem on the bed and started to read him a story. Apparently she didn't think that his choice of discussion topics suited his age, so she picked up "Here Comes Grandma". He stared at the book while she was reading, then at her when she was looking at him, then back to the book. It was incredible. It was as if he was reading along with her.

After story time we went over to Great-Aunt Linda's house for some fresh salmon BBQ... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm (yeah, it was that good!)
Well it was the first time that Great-Grandma Haruko got to meet Jarem, and boy did she have a blast. In fact, Jarem smiled bigger than I've EVER seen him smile when she was speaking Japanese to him. It was wonderful. I tried to take a video, but I'm not sure how well it turned out. When I get home, I'll try to post it.

After dinner Linda and I went on a cruise in her 350z mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm (yeah, it was that good!)
She took me to the newest golf course in Washington which is currently home to one of the most spectacular views I've ever seen, and well play host to the US Open in a few years. (That's a REALLY Big Deal). I tried to get a photo as soon as we got there because the sun was going down, but somehow I was pocket dialing someone and then my phone froze up, and it was a mess. Anyway, I did get a shot, but it's a little dark. I'll make sure that I come back and get a better one the next time we're in town.

Day 2
(I'll bet you're getting board huh?)
I'll wrap it up quickly to give Jamie something to blog about (And so that I can go to bed). We went to Pike Place Market in Seattle and had a BLAST! We also did a BUNCH more as you can tel by the photos below. Oh man, I almost slammed my head into the desk doing the "sleepy head-banger" (you know when you get tired, try to fight it, and end up jerking your heavy head back and forth on your neck?). Okay, I'm going to retire for the night, you'll get more post later I promise... in the mean time... enjoy the pics.




No comments: