Monday, July 28, 2008

I donated to Uncover the cure

Good morning and good Monday! (Yes I know “good Monday” is an oxymoron… but it fit, so enjoy it)

I just donated $10 to Uncover the Cure, a cancer run. My friend and employee, Janell Wood has been asking for donations for months and my $10 dollars today is the first towards her goal of $300. (Her email message is below) Can you help her cause by visiting the personal page / donation link or forwarding this email to those who care about finding a cure for cancer? If you decide to do one or the other or both, Awesome… Let’s help Janell get her to her goal!

Click here to visit her personal page and donate.
If the text above does not appear as a clickable link, you can visit the web address:
http://www.uncoverthecure.com/site/TR/Events/LosAngeles2008?px=1350290&pg=personal&fr_id=1150&et=llWW4i4dbjgpY8SvIuvKEg..&s_tafId=15035

Thanks!
Eric

Read Janell's message after the jump

A message from Janell Wood jwihs2000@aol.com.
Dear Friend,

So you might remember a letter I sent you about stripping down and uncovering a cure for cancers below the waist. I bet you don't get letters like that every day!

Well, I'm more dedicated than ever. I'm going out in my fabulous new purple multi-polka dot boxers, and I can only begin to imagine what others will be wearing. We'll all walk or run in The Underwear Affair, and at the end of the day, we'll know that we're making a huge difference for these awful diseases.

The only reason that huge difference is possible is because of the generosity of wonderful donors who care as much about this cause as I do. So I hope that you'll make a donation to help us all get to the finish line. When we win this race, it means people won't have to suffer through prostate cancer, colon cancer, ovarian cancer ... and the list goes on.

I've raised yet to raise any money (the only member left to raise the necessary $300). That's money that goes directly to help City of Hope uncover a cure. Please help me go the distance to my goal of $300. And send this note to all of your friends, family and coworkers. We're all in this together. When we kick cancers 'down there' to the curb, everyone wins the race.

Thanks so much for your generous donation!

Love,
Janell

No comments: