Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Home at last

Well it was a long day but very exciting. It's so great to hear from everyone and know that we have so many people praying for us and pulling for Baby Boy Bailey to arrive healthy. I am very tired with these contractions going all day long. But hopefully tonight we can make some more progress so when we get to the hospital in the morning we will be able to get some good news.

Our nurse Tammy was AMAZING! She was so sweet, attentive and knowledgeable. She stayed with us all day and took really good care of me and BBB. Dr. Jarem is also my favorite doctor ever and I'm sad that she won't be there again tomorrow with us. But God has a plan for the safest and healthiest way for BBB to make his arrival and we're okay with letting His plan take its course.

Both of our moms were there with us today and it was such a nice atmosphere in the room. They really love their babies (Eric and I) and ESPECIALLY love their grandson-to-be. It was nice having them there to help with my frequent bathroom trips among other things. :)

I'm off to bed for tonight. I'm hoping for more good contractions (meaning strong and painful ones) since those seem to be what we need for more progress. One quick funny story before I go is that I peed on the floor today, definitely a first. I was trying to squat because my legs were sore from contractions but I didn't bend my knees enough. The outcome, it looked like my water broke. Eric and I laughed hysterically in the bathroom while the nurse wondered if everything was okay. Once we filled her in she got a good laugh, too.

Thank you for all the prayers, love and support! We're definitely feeling them and hearing everyone. It's such an amazing feeling knowing that so many people are with us through this entire experience. Eric did a great job posting today and will continue tomorrow. Did I mention that he also did all those posts while being the best labor coach ever?? I love him SO MUCH!!!

I will probably not write another blog until we're home next. (Hopefully with a baby in my arms, not my stomach. hehe) Goodnight, sweet dreams, and strong contractions!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know this baby has a plan. He wasn't sure if he wanted Denise to win the pool so he decided to give it another day so we could keep the winner within the department ;)

Good luck tomorrow you guys! We'll have contractions on the mind for you all day!