Friday, April 11, 2008

Fun week but very tiring

This week has been so much fun so far! Not only did we get to go swimming but I also found out that I get a pregnancy discount at Cold Stone Creamery. 10% off! SO COOL! I'm not sure if this is offered at all locations but the one by our house offers the discount. We went for ice cream after dinner on Wednesday evening and I found out this amazing information! It's the Cold Stone on Power and Rittenhouse for any other expecting moms that are interested.

Wednesday we had dinner at my mom's house with Jen, Bradley, Braden and Emma. It is so nice having them in town and getting to hang out with them. We miss the kiddies so much! Braden was of course adorable and amazes us with his perfect memory and awesome sentences that he puts together. He's such a big boy. And princess Emma is cuter each time we see her. Her hair is getting so long and pretty and she has so much love and energy. It was very fun getting hugs and kisses from them.

We are now on weekly appointments with the doctor. Yesterday's appointment was great! Joanna went with us since she was in town and was able to join us. Dr. Jarem is the best doctor and we can't speak highly enough about how lucky we feel to have her. We met for a long time and covered all the birth preferences and specifics. It's so exciting to talk about this stuff. It makes it so much more real that Baby Boy is almost here! He's head down and we're very excited about that. No progress yet but maybe in two weeks or so we'll have more news about his estimated arrival. The other great news is that Dr. Jarem officially gave me the title "Super Mom" yesterday. I'm still right on track with my weight and didn't gain anything these past two weeks. My weight is very steady and she said she is so proud of me for keeping my weight on track and under control. I officially earned the title "Super Mom". I'll happily accept that title...

On top of all that fun news, my office threw me a surprise baby shower yesterday here at work. Eric and my mom both were able to be there which was so awesome. They had food, snacks, drinks and of course, more presents. It was a total shocker! I could not believe how generous everyone is and how loved this baby is already. We can't say enough how blessed and grateful we are for our friends, family and co-workers. Also, a co-worker of mine has a son who recently turned one so she gave us her swing and bassinet. SO GENEROUS! She won't let us give her anything in return and both of the pieces are immaculate. Denise and her family are too kind. Thank you!

No comments: