Monday, April 7, 2008

Baby Shower


What an amazing weekend! We feel so loved and blessed!! Saturday was Baby Boy Bailey's baby shower. Not only did we have so much fun but we also got to spend some much needed time with family and friends.

First of all, Rose and Linda (Eric’s mom and aunt) flew into town Thursday night… What a great way to kick off the weekend! On Friday after work we all met up with Joanna (also flew in town!) and went to dinner in Queen Creek at my new favorite restaurant El Rico’s. WHAT AMAZING FOOD! The restaurant is beautiful and the food is phenomenal. It's family owned and all the staff is so friendly and incredibly attentive. Try to save room for the churros, yummy! I highly recommend trying this restaurant as soon as possible for some great Mexican food. My personal favorite is the shredded beef tacos although the nacho plate is huge and very good looking!

I started off Saturday with a manicure and pedicure. The manicure was completely ruined by the end of the day after opening SO MANY presents, but it was still nice to be pampered!

It was crazy how many presents we received. We are so grateful and shocked at the outpouring of love we have received. Thank you everyone so much!!


We played some fun games and of course, ate some good food. My sister Jen and niece Emma surprised me by coming into town early and joining us at the shower. What an awesome surprise!!

It was amazing to have so many wonderful happy women all around me. Thank you to everyone for sharing your love with me. I will remember this day for years to come.

Sunday morning we had to take Rose to the airport. I was so sad she had to leave so early but incredibly grateful that she and Linda both came to AZ for the shower. It was so great having them here with us.

In the afternoon, my high school friend Sarah came over with Enrique and their beautiful baby girl Eva. It was awesome having them over and getting to spend some time enjoying the wonders of baby Eva. She was so happy and made tons of noises for us to enjoy. She liked the kitties and squealed each time they passed. Too fun...

After they left Eric and I ran some errands before church. (We got there a little late – oops). After church we celebrated Uncle Dale's birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Uncy D! We went to Barro's Pizza and invited our friends Karen, Uriel and Rafael to come with us. We had a lot of fun at dinner and enjoyed the good company.

This entire weekend was full of family and friends and we are full of love after such an awesome weekend! It's been fun getting closer to Karen, Uriel and Raf these past few weeks. They're a great family.

The only other exciting news I have is that I bought a bathing suit yesterday!! We are planning on going swimming tomorrow after work and I honestly can't wait! I have been wanting to go swimming this entire pregnancy and just haven't gone yet. The weather here is perfect and I actually have a suit that fits now. I'll definitely write more after the big swimming event. WOO HOO! It's gonna be a great week, I can tell already...

As for baby boy, we're 36 weeks pregnant today and are counting down the days until his arrival. We go to weekly appointments starting this week and hope to hear great things at each appointment. Our next appointment is Thursday with Dr. Jarem (the best doctor ever!) He's started to drop but I haven't felt any contractions yet. No Braxton Hicks or anything, PHEW! We're getting maternity pictures taken next weekend with our wedding photographers. It should be fun.

Baby boy must have known I was talking about him cause he just woke up and started moving around. Too funny. We're still working on a name for him. Wish us luck...


1 comment:

Brittney said...

it was a fun shower, you are a lucky girl, so many loved ones surround you guys! you got so many great things! good times this past weekend! great to see you and you look so good! let the countdown begin!! the next few weeks are either going to fly?? or feel like the longest days of your life! either way, enjoy it, i know you cant wait for him to come, but being this pregnant is SUCH a special time....