Monday, April 21, 2008

Hiccups

Just a quick little story...

On Saturday I took a nap for about three hours in the afternoon so our schedule was a little off. We didn't eat dinner until 9pm and didn't go to bed until a little before 11pm. (Very late for us!) Eric had just fallen asleep and I was trying when I kept noticing a rhythmic kick or movement in my belly. It had pretty consistent intervals and was kind of strong. So I woke Eric, had him feel my tummy and told him that I thought the baby had the hiccups. We've heard about the baby getting hiccups but it hadn't happened yet. We talked about it and how cool it would be. IT TOTALLY WAS! Eric was exhausted and had to work on Sunday so he went back to sleep pretty quickly. But I laid there giggling in bed for about five minutes while Baby Boy hiccuped away. Very fun and just another cool experience of being pregnant. It really amused me and made me so happy. It's another fun little reminder of how alive our little guy is. He's so big and so ready! Hopefully we'll be kissing and hugging him soon...

2 comments:

Eric said...

So, in my defense, I was up for what seemed like an hour! haha, just kidding.
It was pretty ironic that we were JUST talking about how BBB hadn't hiccoughed at all through the pregnancy and then all of a sudden (bump)... (bump)... (bump)... Each bump followed by a string of infectious giggling from my lovely bride.

Brittney said...

AWE! you guys must be the CUTEST most INLOVE couple i have ever met! its so romantic isnt it? to feel that little human YOU BOTH created out of love?? its SO amazing, and wonderful, and i am so glad you get to enjoy your pregnancy(after all the trauma in the beginning)! i remember when libby got the hiccups, and it wasnt till she was bigger in the belly too, its like they are running out of room in there and you can feel every single thing they do! when is your last day at work? are you just working till the bitter end? he will seriously be here any minute!!!! that is such a special story, thanks for sharing! enjoy this miraculous time... you will miss it when its gone! just you talking about it brings back such special memories! just napping, and laying around... get ready mama! soon it wont be so easy going! p.s. if you wanted the snips and snails to go above the closet, i thought that might be a cute spot. we can split it and make it one long line, as apposed to 2 shorter lines... just a thought. lemme know if i can help! but like i also said, if you hate it then PLEASE dont put it up.. seriously it wont hurt my feelings.