Thursday, July 23, 2009

WA Vacation Days 5 and 6 -- Appointments and Olympia fun

Tuesday morning I went to see an orthodontist and get my permanent retainer removed. I got a permanent retainer put in when I got my braces off and my orthodontist went out of business shortly after. My retainer had been bent at some point and was resting on my gums. No fun! I had been wanting to get it removed for some time and we finally got it taken care of. Dr. De Jesus was awesome and not only took it out but got me a replacement by the week’s end. I rode the segway all the way to the appointment (about 3 miles) and although fun, it was too cold. I wasn’t layer up or prepared enough for the morning cold so I called Eric to pick me up and drive me back home after the appointment was over.

Later that afternoon we got massages at the massage spa next to Rose and Gary’s house. Now this is something you will rarely hear from me, but I really didn’t enjoy my massage. The pressure was too hard for my liking and even though I asked her to go lighter, I was incredibly sore by the end of the massage. I ended up staying sore for the next couple of days and felt like I had bruises all over my body from being rubbed so hard. Kind of a bummer…

That evening we went to meet Eric’s family for dinner in Tacoma at Cloverleaf Pizza. Kacia’s fiancĂ©’s daughter Anna was having a birthday party and they had the entire back room reserved. It was nice seeing all of Kacia’s friends again and being there for Anna’s party. Kacia and Chris are getting married in just a few more weeks and we are so excited for their wedding!!

Grandma had fun sitting next to Jarem.Birthday girl Anna is on the left.

Wednesday we had brunch in Olympia with Eric’s step-brother Mica and his girlfriend Michelle. We went to this place called Darby’s and although the food was really good, the look of the place was somewhat different. People in Olympia can be considered bohemian by some definitions and that is what we encountered at Darby’s. Very different looking people but overall friendly and good service. The food was really good! Jarem fell asleep while we were eating so Eric walked home from the restaurant and Jarem slept in his stroller. What a good daddy!

After brunch we met some friends at the Olympia Children’s Museum for a play date. Jarem and Samara had so much fun playing there! Samara was almost two and they were so adorable together. We had fun catching up with Lillian and meeting their newest little angel, Sofia.

Peek-a-boo!What a sweet hug!Samara and Jarem loved playing with the beans! They were so cute next to eachother with their matching curly hair.Love these pictures! We tried to get one of them kissing but the angle wasn't right. This one is really cute, too.This is one of those boards where you push the pins in and it makes your reflection on the other side. This is Jarem! Can't you tell by the thumb in his mouth?? heheWalking out to the cars hand in hand.

That evening Rose and Gary put Jarem to bed for me and Eric so we could get out for a little evening date. We took the segways and rode around Capitol Lake. We got so many comments about the segways and had so much fun being out in the evening but still having it be light out. This picture was taken around 8pm. Crazy how light it still was!When we got back to the house, we of course watched So You Think You Can Dance, our favorite TV show.

No comments: