Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Hide and Seek

So I have six blog posts started from our 11 day vacation to Washington. They should be up soon. I am having troubles getting all the pictures loaded so bear with me. So worth the wait!! It's been fun getting back home although not so fun with the heat. We were in shock when we got home from vacation. The highs in Washington were the lows here, on a cool day. But after getting adjusted to the heat and getting in the pool a few times, we're happy to be home. The monsoon season has been in full effect and we even got our flashlights out the other night after almost losing our power a few times. It's amazing how much Jarem has been speaking lately and how quickly he has been learning new things. I think being with us for 11 straight days while on vacation really helped him.

Here is a brief update: he signs between 13 and 15 words now. (New ones are airplane, piano, bird, bath, all done...) Jarem has really started talking and has a few favorite phrases. Whenever he sees a dog he says, "sdat?" Meaning What's that? Then he says "dog-dog" or sticks his tongue out and pants like a dog. Another thing that Grandpa Gary taught him is to put his arm out and say down to dogs so they won't jump on him. Jarem has that one mastered!

Jarem knows a few Spanish words, mainly body parts. Ojitos, pelo, lengua, agua and besito. He is getting really good and The Itsy Bitsy Spider and now washes the spider out all on his own. (He loves that part!) He knows what a fish, cat and dog say.

Two of my newest and most favorite things that Jarem does now is he says Bless You when you sneeze. We have no clue how he learned this other than by hearing us say it. It's not something we tried to teach him but he definitely knows when to say it. He did it for me one day this week when I sneezed and we looked at each other and said, "Did he just say bless you??" Sure enough he has done it a number of other times and even says it to himself when he sneezes. I LOVE IT!!!

My other favorite phrase is "Hi dada". Jarem and Eric go back and forth saying hi to each other and Jarem loves the phrase, "Hi dada". Since Eric and I carpool the route on the way home is usually I get off work, pick up Jarem, then we go pick up Eric last. Well most days this week when we pull into the zoo parking lot Jarem will see the zoo and say, "Hi dada". He knows that when we're there he gets to see daddy and it's so incredibly cute!!! One morning this week I picked up Jarem out of his crib when he woke up and when we got in the kitchen he was looking for Eric. He started saying "Hi dada" over and over again. Too cute...

Well, here is a quick video I took this Saturday of Jarem and I playing in the morning shortly after he woke up. He loves playing in the curtains and it's his newest hiding place. OH! I forgot to mention one other thing Jarem learned. Since Eric and I both have smart phones, they make noises frequently for texts, emails and other notifications. Well Jarem knows the sounds of our phones and whenever he hears any sort of beep or ring he automatically puts his finger in his ear and says, "ro?". That's his version of hello. Sometimes there's an "h" sound at the beginning but other times it's just plain "ro". I love when he says it and as you can see in the video, he is so good at associating our phones with hello. Enjoy...

No comments: