Thursday, July 2, 2009

2 Amazing Years!!

June 30, 2004. That is the night I set eyes on the most handsome man I'd ever seen at good old Club Rio. I can still hear "Get that dirt off your shoulder" playing by Jay-Z.

June 30, 2007. The most amazing day of my entire life! White dress, beautiful church, angels singing and my perfect husband standing by my side. The beginning of our perfect life as husband and wife begins.

June 30, 2008. We celebrated our first anniversary with our son Jarem and started many first traditions to be carried out on all our future anniversaries. In one year we have already been so blessed.

June 30, 2009. 2 years strong! It's amazing we met five years ago this day!!! This year we had such an amazing anniversary celebration!

Sunday our good friends Karen and Uriel baby-sat Jarem for us ALL DAY! Meanwhile, Eric and I flew to San Diego for the day and had a date over there. We landed in the morning and went to our favorite Mexican restaurant in Old Town to have brunch. After that we caught a bus down to Belmont Park. We road on the roller coaster, crashed on the bumper cars, played air hockey and Dance, Dance Revolution in the arcade and had a complete blast! From there we went over to the beach and decided to rent bikes for an hour to ride up and down along the beach. We ran into two people that we know from AZ while on our ride, what a small world! After our bike ride we got some yummy ice cream and headed back to the bus stop to get back to the airport. Our flight was a little delayed that evening so I enjoyed a nice nap on the airport floor while Eric got reconnected with the world and played on his phone. We made it back just in time to meet my family for dinner and get our baby boy.

It was so amazing getting away for an entire day and really feeling swept away. We knew Jarem was in good hands and were so happy to just be together and so care free in Cali. The weather was perfect and it was such a fun day together!

On Tuesday for our actual anniversary, Eric planned our date. I woke up in the morning and went straight from our bed to the massage table at the foot of our bed. Eric gave me a sweet and much needed massage before Jarem woke up. After work we were off for an evening of surprises while my mom watched Jarem for us. We headed to my Aunt Stef's spa where I got the best massage of my entire life! It was an hour long and I completely got lost on that massage table. I was honestly in heaven while laying there getting completely spoiled.

After dinner we were off to my next surprise. We went to Pei Wei's where I thought we were capping off the night for some dinner. Well Eric surprised me again by having a to go order all ready for pick-up. We picked up our food and headed to the other side of the parking lot to Creative Hands. We ate dinner at the table while we painted pottery together. We painted crosses for each other to hang at home. I can't wait to pick them up when we get back from vacation. I'll definitely post pictures! When we got home that evening we watched our wedding video together after putting Jarem to bed. It was such an amazing end to the perfect anniversary day. That is one of our favorite traditions that we started last year! We remember our readings and the beautiful music and the emotions and thoughts of each moment. Our wedding day was so perfect. We cannot say enough how blessed we feel to have one another. We are partners in life and completely in love. Already looking forward to the next 83 years of anniversaries to come...


No comments: