Monday, May 18, 2009

Weekend Recap

Eric and I were talking yesterday about how much our quality of life has improved since he has weekends off again. He was working Tuesday through Saturday but has recently switched his schedule back to Monday through Friday. Now every weekend feels like a 3-day weekend. It is amazing how long the weekend feels when we get so much time together. This weekend was no different and was so much fun!

Friday evening we spent the night at our friend’s house. We did dinner at their house and then put Raf and Jarem to bed. Once the boys were asleep, Karen, Uriel, Eric and I played cards and hung out. None of us ever drink so we made some margaritas and mixed drinks and hung out until about midnight before we all were too exhausted to play any more games. It was so much fun though just hanging out in their living room and playing cards. We love hanging out with Karen and Uriel so much and love that we have a couple that lives so close and we get along so well with. We also love that Jarem and Raf are so close in age and play so well together. We spent the night even though we only live a couple streets down just to make sure we were being safe and smart. It doesn’t take much for us to be drunk since we rarely drink. We were up with Jarem at 5:30am on Saturday and were home by 6:30am. We decided to go for a nice walk and check out the neighborhood garage sales when we got home. Saturday mornings are just beautiful! We didn’t get anything at the sales but enjoyed being out before it got too hot.

When we got home Jarem and I took a nice long nap together while Eric worked on our yard and fixed our sprinkler system. After that he went over to my mom’s house and worked on her yard. He is so awesome! I love that he helps my mom out since she lives by herself. I appreciate him so much for working so hard and being out in that gross heat. He is so helpful and does so much for my mom. I love that and I know how much she appreciates it, too. Thanks babe!!

That evening my beautiful cousins had a choir concert at the Orpheum theatre in Downtown. We were able to have Jarem take a late nap and he slept through most of the concert which was nice. The songs were sung perfectly by the choir. The Phoenix Children’s Choir is truly amazing. These kids are all so talented! My cousins looked great and the singing was amazing, too. After their concert we went to Baja Fresh for dinner. It was such a fun evening with the family!

Sunday we spent the morning around the house before heading over to my aunt and uncle’s house for an afternoon swim. We took Jarem in the pool and tried to get some pictures but the camera battery died. We only got a few quick pictures in. Bummer… Jarem stayed in the pool for almost an hour playing. The water was perfect! After about an hour I laid Jarem down for a nap in the house and then we all stayed in the pool and played volleyball. Aunt Stef, Korina and I beat Eric, Josee and Chloe. It was a close game but we pulled off the win.
That's right! My hat says I love Jarem!! My sister made it for Jarem's party. I love it!

We went straight to church from their house and had an early evening last night. I was absolutely exhausted after being in the sun and went to bed at 8:30. It felt so nice and yet I still feel tired today. Maybe I can catch up more on sleep next weekend since it’s Memorial Day weekend. Probably not since we’ll be going to the No Doubt concert but it’s worth a try.

Here are some pictures from the choir concert on Saturday evening.
Jarem had so much fun playing with my Uncle Dale (his godfather). They were both cracking up. It was cute watching them play!My grandparents, Tita and Tito. We don't have many pictures of them and we love this one!

No comments: