Monday, May 11, 2009

Nail Set?

One other funny note about Mother's Day. I went into Eric's wallet toward the end of last week looking for a receipt. Well while in there I saw the top receipt was to Wal-Mart and read nail set. He was next to me when I picked up his wallet and tried to stop me but I had already seen the receipt. I told him I would be honest and said that I had already seen the receipt. (Eric thought I saw the receipt for the tree and plant that he bought me.) I said I saw that it said nail set. I'm sorry, babe! I ruined the surprise. He giggled a little and said it was okay before kissing me and changing the subject. Well I asked yesterday when he gave me my card and flowers about the nail set and if he had returned it since I saw the receipt. He got a good laugh when he showed me the nail set that he bought. It really was a set of nails because he was hanging pictures for me in the living room. I was shocked!! I thought for sure he was getting me a nail set to do manis and pedis at home. He said it was the perfect alibi and that he knew what I was thinking and wasn't going to correct me. I don't blame him! It worked perfectly in his favor. I was so shocked when he told me it really was a set of nails he had bought. Too funny...

No comments: