Thursday, May 7, 2009

Desert Botanical Gardens

After Jarem's nap, Gary, Rose, Kenn, Kacia, my mom, Eric, Jarem and I all went to the Desert Botanical Gardens to see the Chihuly exhibits. The glass was beautiful! Jarem's favorite part was when he got out of his stroller and got to walk around. He loved splashing in some water and playing with all the various family members there. He was so proud to be walking around like a big boy and exploring the beautiful sights. Jarem cracks us up because he loves to walk on rocks. Any time he is remotely close to rocks he heads straight for them and especially likes to walk on them or taste them. There were some rock paved paths at the Botanical Gardens that Jarem walked all over. What more could a one year old boy ask for on his birthday?
That evening we played a little more when we got home and then put him to bed so he could rest up before his big party on Saturday. Once he was asleep, my mom and I went to her house for some serious cake baking and decorating! The original plan was to have four cakes but we decided not to do one of them and ended up with three beautiful cakes! We were so proud and impressed with how good they came out! We had a little trouble getting the color right for the basketball but in the end, it all turned out perfectly. I have had so much fun becoming more domestic in recent months. I'm not really a big cooker or baker but I had the urge to bake a lot for Jarem's party and couldn't have done it without the help of my mom. She was so patient with me and my crazy ideas. There is this awesome cake shop in Phoenix called ABC Baking Cake Decorating that you have to check it out if you ever need baking supplies. They totally helped us out with our beautiful creations.

No comments: