Saturday, October 25, 2008

Who let the parents out???

Eric and I had the best night last night despite me being sick. I am avoiding the phone right now because I sound like a mix between a honking goose and a man's man. A couple days ago my throat was starting to get really dry and I had a dry cough. Well dry coughing over two days has caused me to lose my voice! I sound horrible. But lucky for me, my hubby still loves me and spoils me to pieces. I had gotten us tickets to this show a couple weeks back and we planned our first night out without Jarem. My mom picked Jarem up from daycare for us, fed him dinner, did bath time and put him to bed. She did such a great job!! Thank you grammy...


Meanwhile, Eric and I had a night out on the town. We had yet to see Batman so we found the only theatre that was still showing it and got to finally see The Dark Knight. We really enjoyed the movie and popcorn. After the movie we were walking to our car and passed a Cold Stone Creamery. Eric decided that I had to have ice cream to make my throat feel better. He burst into the store and exclaimed, "We're on a date and she needs ice cream!" The girls working behind the counter thought he was too cute for taking care of me and giggled the entire time that they helped us. I love you, E. Thanks for taking such good care of me! 

After that we went to Olive Garden for dinner. Thank you Uncle Tim and Uncle Randy for the gift card! The soup felt so good on my throat and we really had fun cuddling and talking over a private dinner. It felt like we were dating again since we were both so dressed up and excited for the evening. 

After dinner we went to the show. We went to Late Nite Catechism III: Til death do us part. (http://phoenix.about.com/cs/enter/a/catechism.htm) We had so much fun! My throat really hurts today after laughing so much. The theatre is very cozy and the show was more than hilarious! One couple admitted to the sister that he proposed to her in the bathtub. Boy, what a mistake! We never heard the end of jokes about that one. All in all, it was such a fun show! 

To top off the date, we decided to go dancing for a little bit. The show was at the Scottsdale Center for the Performing Arts and all the clubs are right down the street from there. I called a couple days ago and got us on the VIP list so we didn't even have to pay a cover charge. We went to Axis Radius and realized that we hadn't been there since our joint Bachelor/Bachelorette party. We didn't stay very long, mainly cause we were tired and my throat was really starting to hurt. But we stayed long enough to sweat a little and fall in love all over again. Dancing together brings back so many memories! I love reminiscing about how we met and how much fun we have when we're on the dance floor. We were really like love birds and although we missed Jarem, I have to admit that we felt just fine on our first night out. We knew he was in good hands with grammy and that we could just enjoy ourselves and our time together. Poor Eric had to work this morning so I'm sure he's tired today. But at least he has some good memories that made it all worth it. What a night!! Movie, dinner, show and dancing. We did good...

One other note, Eric broke his finger. He played football a couple weeks ago and thought he jammed it. Well he went to the doctor yesterday and it's broken. He's pretty sad cause this is his first ever broken bone. Luckily it's the top digit on his ring finger so it's not too inconvenient (other than when he has to type) but he has to wear a splint for a couple weeks and get an x-ray next week to make sure there's no further damage. He's such a tough guy that he never complains about it and really didn't think his injury was serious. I'm happy he got it checked. I'll be sure to give his finger extra kisses to heal as fast as possible.

No comments: