Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Hot Dog Eating Contest

Mmm...now that's an attractive picture! :) My company is doing our United Way Campaign fundraisers all this month and next month. I am on the committee that is planning and organizing all the events. We had our kickoff party which included a free meal for all employees. We made hot dogs, chips, cookies, beans and a drink for the menu. However, we really overestimated how many people would show up for free food. As a result, we were left with an extra 480 hot dogs and weren't sure how to get rid of them. Well, one of my co-workers had the marvelous idea of hosting a hot dog eating contest. It turned out to be the 1st annual because they now want to do this every year since it was such a big hit!! Just before the contest started, we found that we had a couple extra spaces available for last minute contestants to join. The girl next to me jumped in there with all the boys to compete. I had said all along that I thought it would be fun to join and see how many hot dogs I could eat in 5 minutes. But I was embarrassed to be the only girl up there. I looked for other girls to join with me but had no luck. As soon as I saw this girl join in I was up on stage in a heartbeat. My competitive side came out and even though I had just eaten lunch (a hot dog, a bag of chips and a drink) I decided to join in anyways. Here's the proof! See the video after the jump

Discover Simple, Private Sharing at Drop.io
I ended up eating 3 whole hot dogs and buns in 5 minutes, on top of my hot dog, chips and drink that I had already finished about ten minutes before the contest started. Not too shabby! I didn't win but I was right there with most of the contestants. I didn't dunk in water and I used ketchup for added flavor. The winner ate 8 hot dogs and buns in 5 minutes. WOW! Overall, it was so much fun and I'm very happy that I did it. Thanks to all my fans who cheered me on! hehe Many people have asked and just to be clear, no, I didn't get sick afterwards. I even ate dinner that night. If Jarem grows up with a strong passion or aversion to hot dogs, I guess we all know why. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jamie
You get the award for the daintiest contestant. Nobody has your style!!!
Love, Rose