Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Best Daddy EVER!

I mean to brag, my husband is amazing! Jarem has been so sick for the past couple days and has really been fussy and cranky. He has been running a fever and still trying to kick his cold. His sleep schedule is way off, so basically there is no schedule. Jarem sleeps during the early evening (5pm-9pm) and early morning (4am-8am) and that’s about it. He wants to be held and cuddled because he’s so uncomfortable. Our poor little guy is really struggling with this whole sick thing. It’s so hard to watch him be uncomfortable and grouchy since that’s really not his personality. But last night was probably one of our hardest nights ever with him. He was awake from 11pm until 4am. I was exhausted and so was Eric. My amazing hubby decided to get up with Jarem and stayed up with him the entire night. And I mean, the ENTIRE night.

I don’t really have that much sick time so Eric used a sick day yesterday and today so he could stay home with Jarem. He’s really struggling to get better so he’s lucky to have such an amazing daddy that is patient with him. Eric just holds him, sings to him, rocks him, pats him, cuddles him, and never once loses his patience. He’s so amazing! I find myself so easily frustrated and seeing how Eric deals with things is very inspiring. I want so badly to be able to just stay up all night and be happy and loving still. I’m working on it.

Not only is Eric staying home and taking care of our sicky boy, he’s also straightening up the madhouse we call home. The few times during the day that Jarem is playful and Eric is able to put him down he does. He puts Jarem in his bouncer and Jarem loves it! (This is usually right after a dose of Tylenol when Jarem is feeling his best.) Instead of Eric laying down and resting and trying to get some time to himself, he has been doing dishes, cleaning our bedroom and stuff like that. He’s incredible! I don’t know where he gets the energy to work so hard and keep smiling.

I love my hubby so much and can’t say enough how loved he makes me feel. He hugs and kisses me everyday. He holds Jarem and displays the most amount of patience I have ever seen. He truly is the love of my life and makes me feel like the luckiest woman alive. Thank you, babe. You’re the best!

Notice anything different in these pictures? My hubby has a goatee and looks so handsome!He's so silly! It was fun taking these pictures of him. We were cracking up!! Another thing I love, he can still laugh with me at the end of a long hard day.

1 comment:

Brittney said...

awe! he wins the husband/daddy of the year award for that one!! he is so great, you are a lucky gal to have snagged that one jamie!
lol, you guys are a good team, you balance eachother out. hope baby boy is feeling better now? may you get some sleep tonight!