Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Bad Monday and Tuesday? Maybe not...

Well both of my boys are sick which has made for a rough start to the week. Monday we all stayed home sick as a family. Eric was running a fever and felt horrible. Jarem woke up what seemed like every hour on Sunday evening and kept me up with him. He has been fighting a cold and had trouble sleeping Sunday night. He wanted to be latched on to me most of the night for comfort but I couldn't get good sleep with him latched. He won. He was latched from 9:30 until 1:15am. WOW! He wasn't eating most of the time but he still wanted to be latched for comfort. Poor guy. When my alarm went off at 3:30am to get ready for work I decided that since I had just fallen asleep two hours ago there was no way I was able to go to work.

Eric stayed home to take care of himself and I stayed home to take Jarem to the pediatrician and get some rest. We had a quiet day and took a family nap for about two hours in the afternoon. Jarem still isn't sleeping like he used to but he seems to be feeling a little better. The pediatrician said he just has a cold so that's good. I'm happy he doesn't have an ear infection or anything worse.

Tuesday morning went well and we actually left the house on time. We got to daycare on time and left Jarem sleeping in his classroom. The morning seemed to be going flawlessly until I got to work. Eric was so sweet in getting all of our bags ready that morning. (Diaper bag, bottle bag, pump bag, lunch bags, etc.) I had started to get my pump bag packed when Eric said he would do it. We didn't really talk about where I had left off so he just picked up the rest of the stuff he saw on the counter and packed my bag. When I get to work in the morning I pump right away. It's usually been a couple hours since I last fed Jarem so I'm ready to pump first thing. Well I went into my room to go pump when I realized that we both forgot to put in the power cord. Oops!

Because I had gotten myself emotionally ready to pump, I had already started flowing. My shirt had two huge wet cirles on the front of it. Talk about embarrassing! Luckily I get in so early that no one was in yet. I went over to my desk and grabbed my sweater and threw it on. Thank goodness!!! But, to fix the problem I had to have Eric bring the car back to my work, I had to drive him back to the zoo and drop him off, and then head all the way back to Queen Creek to get the cord. We thought about trying to go buy one at the store but no stores were open yet. Radio Shack didn't open until 9am and I could have been home and back on my way to work by that time. I spent two hours driving home and back to work. Not fun. But in the long run, I got to work and was able to pump all day which is most important. Jarem needs his food so we needed to get that pump going one way or another.

Although it was a stressful morning where everything seemed to be going wrong, I can't help but remind myself that I was in the car for three hours and didn't get into an accident. My bosses are flexible enough to let me go home and do what I need to do without any problems so that I can take care of my son and feed him. I have to remind myself of these blessings and the silver lining that can always be found in every situation. At the end of the day, I got to lay in bed with my boys on either side of me and listen to an amazing rain storm outside as I said my prayers and fell asleep. I have nothing to complain about...

No comments: