Friday, August 8, 2008

22


Well, when getting portraits taken for grammy's birthday present, we decided to get individual portraits taken of Jarem. This was his first time getting official portraits taken. He was mostly smiles and did great with the whole experience. He's such a happy baby that he makes life so easy. He definitely has daddy's personality---laid back. He is very relaxed and just goes with the environment. He goes through mass without usually making a peep. When at home he shrieks and squeals and loves to play and go wild. He really is the best baby boy and the biggest blessing. We love him so much and really love these portraits of him.

For those who may not know, when Eric and I met I was stunned by our similarities. I even thought that when Eric was trying to win me over by telling me we had similarities he was lying. I would say, "I'm Catholic" and he would say, "Me too!" Then I would say that I went to private high school, his response, "Me too!" So when I told him my number in basketball was 22 and he replied his typical, "Me too!" I knew he must have been lying. There was no possible way that his football number and my basketball number were the same. I thought for sure that he was lying and that he was silly for thinking I would believe all his lies.

Well, he wasn't lying. When I went to his house for the first time I saw his #22 football jersey hung on the wall of his bedroom. I was shocked! If you'll notice Jarem's shirt in these portraits it may help explain a little more about this number that is very special to both mommy and daddy. Mommy wouldn't have minded if he was holding a basketball, too. But he can choose whatever sport or instrument that he wants to play. We'll support any decision and encourage him along the way.
I do have to say though, he does look pretty happy with a football.
Then again, maybe not so happy. Oh wait, I forgot. Daddy has been working on his game face! Do you want to see the face of intimidation?!? hehe Mommy still thinks he's pretty cute.

1 comment:

Brittney said...

SO CUTE! Ha.... that is crazy all the similarities you share! i knew 2 was a special number, but thats crazy you shared the same 22 number! his game face is PRICELESS! great great pictures he is the most handsome boy... be careful mom, you are gonna have to FIGHT the girls to stay away from your sweet angel. i cant wait to see how he looks when he is grown up, he is so good looking...(like zoolander) HA!