Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Strong Boy

It's been quite a while since I've blogged hasn't it? I suppose all of those posts from the hospital couch made my thumbs a little bitter. Anyway, I'm back to share some of our wonderful life with you.

So we've been saying that Jarem is way strong for his age since he was born. And I must say that the 'subtle' eye-rolls that all but scream ''ROOKIE! All first time parents say that.'' Have been duly noted.

I asked Jarem what we could do to prove to the naysayers once-and-for-all that he's the bestest baby out there. Here's what he said to me...

'Father, I think that it would be quite appropriate if you were to photograph a segment of our semi-weekly vascular development routi- (bleh) pardon me, spit-up happens... development routine. Then, and only then would those who frequent your weblog understand that I have a certain je ne sais quoi''

At first I was shocked, but then I realized that he's been recovering quickly from spit-ups for a week or two now.




3 comments:

Brittney said...

HA!!!! You are so clerverly hilarious, I love your posts,
i was wondering what does him on the ball prove? i mean, it seems like a good thing to do, and I am sure there is a reason, just curious, i never read about doing that with my baby, and oh, yes, i do brag about jarem all the time, i say, i know a baby thats ROLLING OVER at 16 DAYS! beat that?! he is amazing... no eye rolling here whatsoever.

Eric said...

HAHA, this is baby's first workout session...
Just kidding, the REAL reason that he's on the Yoga ball is because I had him on my arm like a football, and he's getting so heavy that I had to rest my arm on something. So I tried the ball, and he LOVED it. I propped the ball with pillows and rocked him back and forth a little and he passed out. It was really cute. I guess it's some modified tummy time...
Thanks for the compliment, I love blogging.

Brittney said...

yeah, you reminded me, we watch gladiators too! we love those kind of shows... you are not nerdy at all, or maybe we are too then! ha.
i think we are just gonna hang out and grill some steaks, watch a movie and play with libby in the backyard for our fathers day.. i am gonna go to the clubhouse in gilbert on sat with my dad and brothers and sisters so i can have sunday all to my self with scott... prbly get him some new sandals, libby made him a present with her hand prints... as a preschool teacher, i learned EVERY holiday no matter what, childrens handprints are PRICELESS and make any gift you give that much BETTER! i will for sure post her gift for him this weekend... so cute. give that marvelous boy some kisses, i cant wait too! SOMEDAY SOON!