Monday, March 31, 2008

Weekend Update

We had a very nice weekend and finished the nursery! I was sick at the end of last week and still wasn't feeling 100% this weekend. Friday we had some friends over from church for dinner. They're an awesome couple that lives in our neighborhood. They have a son who's about 6 months old and SO ADORABLE! We're hoping he can be good friends with Baby Boy Bailey.

Saturday we had our last prenatal class in the morning. We spent the rest of the weekend working on the nursery. Well, Eric and my mom did most of the work to be honest. My mom refinished my childhood dresser and it looks AMAZING!!! She stripped it, sanded it, stained it, and finished it. We forgot to take before pictures but the transformation is absolutely amazing! Eric finished painting the room and assembled the crib and changing table. My mom and I hung the border and the room is done! Well, we still need to add a few basics in the room but the essentials are there. Oh yeah, my mom also hung the curtains in the room.

We all did so much work and the nursery really turned out great! I'll post pics after this weekend. I want to wait until after the baby shower to post pics so I don't spoil the fun for the ladies coming over who get to see it in person. The other thing I forgot to mention is that Saturday evening we observed Earth Hour. http://www.earthhour.org/about/ We had a candlelit dinner and played acey ducey in the candlelight as well. It was cool to be a part of something that can be so beneficial to our environment. If you didn't get a chance to participate, make your own Earth Hour and choose a night to turn out the lights.

1 comment:

Brittney said...

what a nice weekend:)
i was HOPING to see picts of the room! dangit!!!
well thats so sweet of your mom to make such an effort and refinish your childhood dresser! wow, talk about sweetness.
well, i REALLY wanna get you this thing... and its not on your registry... soooo, i am goin out on a limb. i hope you like it!