Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Some People...

Some people really just don't understand.

I have been struggling the past few weeks with the increasing amount of comments from people at work about how I look. The majority of the comments are along the lines of, "Wow, six more weeks??" or "Where are you going to put it?" or "You're already so big!" or "You're about to pop!" These comments only bother me because when you're pregnant apparently it's okay for anyone and everyone to comment on your size and weight with no regards to what you want.

Well today was the worst.

While walking in to work, the first person I pass in the hallway makes the comment, "Wow, you're getting fatter."

HOW RUDE!!! I didn't say a word, continued to my desk and then cried my eyes out. I just can't imagine ever telling a woman you're getting fatter. Let alone a pregnant, hormonal and emotional woman trying to make and carry a healthy baby. Some days it's just so hard to be around people that really don't have any filters and feel like they can say whatever they want.

I called Eric and my mom for support cause I was bawling at my desk like a baby. They're both so great at helping me see how stupid people can be and to not let it get to me.

I'm going to try and go on the rest of today and not think about how big I am even though I feel huge. Comments like that day in and day out really don't help. I feel like I've been healthy and look great and my doctors are happy with my progress and weight gain. But these complete strangers obviously think that they know better and feel that they must share their expertise in pregnancy weight gain each time I pass them. Grr!

Thanks, I just needed to vent a little...

4 comments:

Eric said...

Great post babe! I'm proud of you for how you handled that situation. Just think a couple of months ago (when you were in the thick of sickness) you might have gone to blows! Just kidding. I hope that you have a better day from here on out! You deserve it.

Brittney said...

YAY! I can leave a comment!!
I CANT believe that IDIOT said FATTER?!!??!! the NERVE~ some people are SO insensitive... you do look SO great jamie! the pict of you guys in front of circle cross is ADORABLE!!! i love it, and you are carying it ALL in the front! you are not FATTER! your belly is growing and thats just like it should be! whats funny is my friend lynsi posted the same thing a while back and she is due about the same time you are.. so see?! its not JUST you! the world is FILLED WITH MORANS! cant wait to see your cute belly at the shower.

Brittney said...

BTW~ what color are you painting his room what is the theme of the bedroom? and whats his name gonna be? are you gonna know before your shower what youll name him or not...

Joanna said...

You look amazing! People are ridiculous. Your melon (as Abuela would say) is looking healthy and awesome =).