Friday, March 21, 2008

4-8 weeks to go...


Well, we're 33 1/2 weeks along and doing great! Baby Boy Bailey is getting so big and moving all the time. His heartbeat is loud and strong enough that Eric can hear it by simply pressing his ear to my stomach. (Although it's sometimes difficult to hear with all the noises my tummy makes.) It's fun for him to hear it this way since we've been using a Doppler to hear the heartbeat throughout the rest of the pregnancy. Every time Eric tries and puts his head on my stomach it never fails that he also gets kicked in the head. It's so funny cause it's like Baby Boy knows exactly where he is and kicks him right in the head. He definitely knows daddy already and reacts to Eric's touch and voice. It's so cool!

The baby dreams have started in full force. I dream about labor, delivery, Baby Boy, and countless other baby topics a couple times a week now. At least I'm still sleeping well! I usually only go to the bathroom once in the night and haven't been having much trouble falling back to sleep. One bad things is that my right ankle has started to swell a little toward the end of each day. It's not very noticeable but it's a little painful. It's been going away nicely though with just slight elevation while I sleep.

I still haven't had any real cravings. The one thing I have been REALLY wanting to do is go swimming. It's warm enough here but most of the pools haven't warmed up yet. Probably within the next couple of weeks it will be perfect for us to go for a dip. I can't wait!

Eric is starting to work on the nursery this weekend and has been doing great with taking care of me. He's going to be such a great daddy. He already nurtures our son so much and loves him. I love when he kisses my belly and Baby Boy kicks right after. It's going to be so much fun having our little family. We are really getting excited! We have taken almost all of our prenatal classes at the hospital. Our favorite class just ended and we're totally pumped with all the new knowledge and information that we received. We feel really prepared for labor and delivery. Eric is the best coach! Some of the classes we have taken are Pediatric Basic Life Support (we learned CPR and the Heimlich), Childbirth Prep (we got to watch the Miracle of Life in every form possible), Breastfeeding and Boot Camp for New Dads. The only class we have left is Baby Your Baby where we will learn more about caring for your baby and loving them. Very fun!

We got our stroller this week. Technically this is our third stroller. The other two are listed on Craig's List are we are trying to sell them. If you know anyone who's interested, let me know! One is an Eddie Bauer stroller and the other is a really nice jogging stroller. They are both gently used but in great condition and work perfectly! I guess that's all for now. I've written tons. I'll write more after the weekend and hopefully have an update on the nursery. Happy Easter!!

No comments: