Thursday, June 11, 2009

My poor teething boy…

Well it has been a rough week so far. Our poor little boy has been cutting his molars. One tooth has broken a little skin and I think at least two more are also coming in. He has one on the top on each side and I think I found one more coming in on the bottom last night. It’s so hard to tell because he won’t let me get my finger in there. I don’t blame him, I’m sure it hurts! Last night we opted to take the Motrin and teething tablets route because the night before was our worst night ever as parents. Jarem woke up almost every hour crying and writhing in pain. He could not sit still. He would toss and turn and cry and it was miserable. We felt so helpless. Eric fed him a banana popsicle at about 2:15am and that made all the difference. It was the only thing that got him to stop crying.

It’s especially hard right now because not only is he drooling EVERYWHERE and cutting these big teeth, he also is adjusting to a new daycare. The transition is getting better according to his teachers. But he still bawls when we leave in the morning and again when we pick him up. I don’t completely understand why he cries so hard when I pick him up but I’m sure he’s just emotional to see me. He has been so clingy and attached that I can only imagine how hard all of this is on him.

We were planning on staying at a hotel this weekend and had lots of fun events planned but decided to put that off until Jarem is feeling better. I’m sure our hotel neighbors would kill us if they had to listen to Jarem cry all night. We’re hoping that it only gets better from here and that his pain isn’t too much. He voice is a little hoarse from crying so much and we feel absolutely horrible. We are really hoping that he is back to his happy, playful self soon.

Here are a few pictures from this past weekend that Eric took with his new phone.

These two pictures crack me up! They look like Jarem is holding the camera and taking a picture of himself. Too funny…
I think Jarem might have been a little drunk on Tylenol in this picture. Really, he was just blinking. But too funny!

No comments: