Monday, June 1, 2009

Love and Learn

Well, Love and Learn really is so fitting for today. Jarem started a new daycare today and the name of the daycare center is Love and Learn. It feels like that is our motto. We love Jarem and try to help him learn as much as possible. Our new daycare is right in between Eric's work and my work. It is the perfect location since we carpool. My mom is also only five minutes away. I love having him so close and being able to get him so fast now. That is one really nice thing about his new place.

No daycare can compare to the set-up we had with my sister for the past six months. But my sister got an amazing job offer on Friday and had to start the program today. So we adjusted on the fly and are so happy that Love and Learn was able to fit Jarem in. We were on their waiting list for July but they helped us out in a bunch and fit him in on short notice. Today is his first day there and it's been pretty rough so far.

We knew there would be an adjustment period but I wasn't really as prepared as I thought I was. The morning went great. We got there early and spent time with Jarem in his class. The teacher was great in the morning and Jarem was so excited to play with all the new toys. He didn't cry when we left and even waved and said goodbye to us. I planned to go back and stop by mid-morning before he napped to check on him.

The mid-morning visit didn't go nearly as smooth. When I got there Jarem was crying and a new teacher was in the room. The morning teacher wasn't feeling well so she went home early and the afternoon teacher had today off so there were two new teachers in the room. Jarem was beyond exhausted and so happy to see me and grammy. My mom came with me to visit cause he needed Tylenol for his new molars coming in and she went and picked it up for me. Thanks for helping out so much, grammy!

We calmed him down and got him to play some before trying to head back out to work and let him eat his lunch. He was too tired to eat and the teacher decided to just lay him down pretty soon after we left. She said he zonked out in less than a minute and slept for over two hours! One of the hardest things for Jarem right now is we're weaning him down to one nap from two. He is kind of a grouch without getting two naps at daycare. Not to mention all the other new and fun changes he's facing.

After nap his day went much better. I called and checked on him quite a few times and the teacher said he seemed to be warming up more to his new surroundings. I am so relieved to hear his is adjusting now but beyond anxious to go pick him up. I am hoping that tomorrow goes better with his regular teachers in the room with him and after having been there all day today. It could be a long week though so please keep him and us in your prayers. It is so hard on us as parents to see him going through this tough transition period. But we know that he is being loved along the way and will learn to love his new daycare almost as much as he loved being at Auntie Jen's house.

2 comments:

Brittney said...

awe, good luck jarem, and mommy and daddy too! i know how tough that would be... at least you know its a great place, and he will be happy but its new, and different for now, it will seem like home before you know it:)

Unknown said...

Stay strong and keep at it - this week will be tough no matter what you do. I'm here for you, whatever you need. I love you guys! -Grammy