Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Great-grandparents, ice cream and driving with Grammy!

This past weekend we went to dinner with my grandparents and my mom. We needed to return my grandparents truck after borrowing it for the evening and really enjoyed getting to do dinner together. When we stopped by Tita and Tito's house I let Jarem play with the shells. Now this is a staple in my grandparents' house. They have had shell lamps and shell decorations in every house they've lived in since before I was born. I remember playing with them as a kid and it was so cool to watch Jarem now playing with them. Too cool...We went to my Big Fat Greek Restaurant, YUMMY! Kids eat free there 7 days a week so Jarem chowed down! He has to be going through a growth spurt. He ate an entire jar of 3rd foods baby food before polishing off a chicken strips kids meal, too. He is an eating machine! After dinner, Eric and I took turns walking laps around the building with Jarem. He did about 5 laps total around the outside of the entire restaurant. It was some good walking and he is really getting used to his shoes. We had a great time at dinner though and love spending time with family.

Jarem's favorite part was walking with Tito's cane. He loved holding it and walking with it. So cute...
After dinner, we stopped by the local Water and Ice store for some Thrifty's Ice Cream. YUMMY! That is my favorite! (Guess who's idea it was to go...) In any case, since Eric is lactose intolerant he got rainbow sherbet. Jarem loved sharing daddy's ice cream! He had it all over his face and shirt but he sure did like sharing daddy's treat! He must be my baby... hehe

After dinner my mom drove us back to our house. When we got home we got Jarem out of his seat so he could give Grammy some hugs goodbye. Well he was too distracted by the steering wheel to worry about hugs. It was so funny seeing him behind the wheel. Doesn't that last picture really look like he was driving??? SCARY! He's not even one yet. Also, notice my mom's new hair cut in the first picture. It looks so good on her and is perfect for the heatwave that just hit us. It was 100 degrees yesterday. Yikes! I personally enjoy the heat so I didn't mind it much. But I know I'll be talking differently in a month or so when it gets really hot. Until then, we're excited to swim with Jarem and enjoy the beautiful outdoors.

1 comment:

Joanna said...

I love this post and all of the fun pictures. Your mom's hair looks AWESOME! Can't wait to see it in person on Saturday!