Monday, April 13, 2009

Brrrr Peoria

For those of you who don't know, the weekend before last, I decided to freeze myself and head over to Peoria, IL. My uncle Walter, my mom and I all went to visit my brother Kenn, on what turned out to be the best weekend of the year to shock my system. When I left from Phoenix Mesa Airport it was over 80 degrees. People were out playing with their kids in the grassy area between the ticketing building and the gate building. For one thing, it made me miss Jamie and Jarem, but it also gave me just enough of a memory of how wonderful Arizona is in the springtime. Now let me remind you, when I took off from Mesa, it was over 80 degrees, and when I landed in Peoria it was 40! FAHRENHEIT! Like just a few degrees north of the temperature at which water itself (the liquid of life) gives up on being water and freezes.

Anyway, that 40 degree temperature was blown out by a swift breeze and a rain storm. The problem with the rainstorm, was that as soon as the sun went down, the temperature dropped, and remember that comment about the water refusing to exist


We had an amazing snow storm (4 inches overnight). Just enough to make me feel like it was Christmas morning when I looked out of my window. Here are the rest of the shots that I got.





Later that evening, Kenn and I enjoyed our last evening together eating home-made fish tacos. Call it denial or longing for home - but MAN were they good!

No comments: