Monday, April 20, 2009

Meeting Captain Sullenberger

Just a few moments ago, I had the amazing opportunity to meet Captain Chesley Sullenberger. He is the pilot from the Miracle on the Hudson flight. He is such a hero and it was an incredible honor to shake his hand and meet him today. He was here at the hangar in Phoenix for a photoshoot. My office is one of only a few here in Phoenix with a window view. The view is quite spectacular when the hangar doors are open. On clear days Camelback mountain is in clear sight. Well my coworkers and I were talking weather and how hot it is going to be this week when we glanced out our window. Standing on the wing of an airplane was a man. When I looked I said I thought it looked like Sully. All my coworkers said, no, wait, is it? Well sure enough it was! We rushed down there to watch his photoshoot and to ask if we could get some pictures with him too. We lucked out by getting down there quickly and before the crowd got too big. It was so cool to shake his hand and thank him for a job well done. He truly is a hero!

No comments: