Friday, May 16, 2008

What a perfect baby boy!

Jarem's belly button freshly exposed. (See the stump stuck to his PJs on the left?)
Proud daddy and Jarem at the zoo.
Mommy stealing kisses.
What a happy family!

Jarem is such an angel! We are such lucky parents to have such an awesome little boy. Yesterday was Jarem's two week birthday and his belly button stump fell off. I think he's going to have an innie/outie like daddy. That means that it looks like an innie but it's really an outie cause of how it sticks out. Hard to explain but a really cute belly button I think. (Everything is cute to me on Jarem though.) Last night we had the best night so far. We put Jarem to bed at 11pm in his bassinet next to our bed. He woke up once at 1am and ate until close to 2am. He didn't wake up again until this morning. WOW! Two weeks old and he was only up once in the middle of the night. I felt amazing this morning. I got so much sleep. To celebrate all that sleep we got, we had a big day today. My mom and I took Jarem to the zoo to visit daddy. It was so much fun visiting daddy at work and getting to see him beaming with pride. All of his co-workers gushed over baby Jarem. Eric is so proud and I love watching him hold and love Jarem. It's so cool to see them together and watch Eric's eyes fill with love and pride as he stares at his little boy. I love my Bailey boys!!

After the zoo we went to my two week check-up with Dr. Jarem. Everything is going great and I was even released to drive. WOO HOO! I was really hoping I could start driving since I've been feeling so well and next week it'll just be me and Jarem here at home. I'm happy I can go run errands and maybe even visit daddy at the zoo again. I'd love that!

Well, I know none of this is major news but it's new and exciting for Jarem. His first visit to the zoo. Crazy! I know he's only two weeks old but it seems like he's been a part of our lives all along. I can't picture a day (or night) without him. He's such a blessing and the sweetest little boy God could have given us. Thank you God for another great day...

1 comment:

Joanna said...

That belly is getting pretty big -- I like it! I LOVE all of the pictures...I am glad things are going so well for the Bailey fam. Can't wait to see you guys again! Hugs & kisses from CA =).