Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Feeling Good

I feel wonderful right now because we had an awesome meeting with the lactation consultant that is a part of our pediatrician's office. She was extremely knowledgeable and gave us a ton of useful information. On top of that, she weighed Jarem for us. He weighed 9 pounds 11 ounces!! WOW! He's getting SO BIG!

He gained an entire pound in only a week and a half. We couldn't believe how much he weighed tonight. The best news is that Jarem is well fed and eating right.

We fed Jarem in her office and she watched to give me pointers for latching him on right and making things more comfortable. After a full feeding, we weighed him again in her office.
HE WEIGHED 10 POUNDS! Holy mackerel!!!

He drank 142 cc of milk in one feeding! No wonder he's growing so much! The lactation consultant was very proud and said that that was the best she has ever seen a newborn eat in her 20 years of consulting. That of course made me proud and made me feel good. I have been wondering whether he was getting enough milk and if things were going okay. I guess that answered all of my silly questions and resolved my new mother insecurities. It just makes me proud that I am able to take care of Jarem and help him be healthy, strong, and big.

He's still asleep from our 7pm appointment. He probably didn't fall asleep until 8pm though so I'm thinking he's probably going to be waking up any minute. Just wanted to type a quick blog entry about how proud of a mommy I am and also give an amazing update on his growth and weight. Good job, Jarem! Keep up the good eating and growing. Mommy and daddy are very proud of you and love your growing belly! Oops sounds like he's awake... Goodnight.

No comments: