Monday, March 30, 2009

Looooong weekend...

Well this weekend seemed to last an eternity. Usually that is a good thing, but not when Eric is out of town. He left on Thursday afternoon for Peoria, Il to visit his brother Kenn. He had an amazing trip (excluding the cold and snow) and really enjoyed the quality time with his brother. That being said, here's a rundown of my side of his trip.
Thursday evening was my first time spending the night alone with Jarem. It was a little weird but I was so tired that I slept pretty good in the house alone. Jarem on the other hand has not been sleeping well. With his ear problems, teething and growing, he hasn't been sleeping too well for a couple weeks now. But with Eric out of town, Jarem REALLY hasn't been sleeping well. I let him sleep in my bed with me, mainly so I wouldn't have to go back and forth to his bedroom while home alone -- SCARY. Well Jarem was up at least an hour each night if not longer. I miss sleeping...

Friday I actually got to work ON TIME! That means I also left work ON TIME. This is a big deal because lately we have been leaving a little late in the morning which means we have to stay late in the evenings. I went straight home and picked up Jarem from Jen. When we got home, it was really early and I had so much time to just play and hang out with Jarem at home. That was so nice! We went for a little walk and then I pulled some weeds while Jarem sat in his stroller and watched me as I sang every nursery rhyme I could think of to keep him entertained. Our neighbors next door have twin girls that are a couple months older than Jarem. They came outside and played a little in the rocks with Jarem. It was really cute.

I did a little cleaning around the house, played with J, made some dinner and then let Jarem fall asleep on me while I laid in the recliner and watched a little TV. Thursday evening was really windy and I noticed that our TV was having some problems. I assumed it was cable issues with the wind. Well Friday evening our TV was still having problems. It's like every couple of channels doesn't have volume. It's so frustrating cause all the good channels have no volume. Grrr! And of course, Eric is out of town so he couldn't fix it for me. Oh man!

Saturday (after getting only a little sleep) I again started the day off with some cleaning. I thought it would be nice to get a lot done around the house and do some Spring cleaning for Eric while he was gone. I'm sure he'll love coming home to a clean house after being gone for 5 days. So instead of missing Eric and watching a TV with no volume, I focused most of my attention on playing with Jarem and cleaning. Saturday afternoon my mom took Jarem and me to lunch at San Tan Flat. YUMMY FOOD! I was surprised when we sat at our table cause the women's NCAA games were on and a girl that went to my high school was playing. Sadly, her team lost but she's probably going to play professionally or internationally somewhere. She's an amazing girl!

Then when I got home from lunch, Jarem finally took a nap. He really needed it! He slept for 2 1/2 hours in his swing. While he napped, I was Tasmanian devil and cleaned so much! Wiped down the cabinet fronts, cleaned the wall behind the stove, sorted Jarem's old clothes into labeled boxes, etc. I did all the projects that I usually put off or can't seem to bring myself to get done. It felt so nice to get so much done! When J woke up we went to our good friends' house. Uriel had work so it was just Karen and Raf at home. We had a girls night (with the baby boys) and ordered pizza. Then we watched Sex and the City while the boys slept. It was a great getaway from the cleaning and loneliness of our home. I love hanging out with Karen. We get along so well and I really like that I can bring Jarem and be myself. Raf and J are starting to play together more so that's so much fun to watch. It was such a nice evening!

Sunday I went to my mom's for breakfast and hung out with her and my Aunt Tresa for a couple hours. Then they babysat for me for a couple hours while I went home and put the finishing touches on our beautiful home. I mopped all the floors, did some laundry, etc. I went back to my mom's for lunch and again enjoyed the company. It was just a relaxing and peaceful day. When I got back to the house with J we played for a while and cuddled. I love how snuggly he has been while Eric was out of town. I think it was obvious how much Jarem missed Eric because of how clingy he was to me. We went to church last night and then my mom came over and I cooked some dinner. It was a nice end to a looooong weekend.

The highlight of the weekend was talking to Eric each evening and letting him talk to Jarem. Jarem loved listening to Eric on the phone. Usually Jarem attacks the phone, grabs it, pushes buttons, etc. But this weekend he would just sit there still and listen to Eric's voice. He even babbled back like they were having a conversation. It was so heartwarming to witness. I love my boys!!

To sum up the weekend, this is my realization. Eric and I are a team. And the Bailey team was missing a star player. Eric is such an amazing daddy. He brings so much happiness into our house. It was hard not getting to share Jarem's cute faces and silliness in person with him. The hardest part was the evenings. I am so blessed to have a hubby that takes on the nighttime head on. Eric has always been the nighttime enforcer. He did all the sleep training and gets Jarem in the middle of the night when he wakes up. He is amazing! I was such a grouch not getting to sleep all weekend and he does it day in and day out with a huge smile on his face in the morning. I missed my hubby and all the hugs and kisses he gives me. But I really felt his absence when dealing with Jarem. It showed me how important being a team is and how much Jarem needs BOTH of us. I cannot wait to give him the biggest hug and kiss possible this afternoon! I love you, E.

No comments: