Saturday, January 31, 2009

I'm Sorry - the reintroduction

I wanted to shoot a quick not to say that I'm sorry for going so long without posting.
Man, I hardly remember how to do this... How do I keep you wildly entertained while giving you all of the boring details of a first time parent? I guess, I just have to go for it, and maybe one day my book deal and Pulitzer will come.

Here goes...

For those of you who don't know Jamie is an assistant basketball for the top-ranked Seton Catholic High School girls varsity team. It is one of the most rewarding jobs because not only does she get to give back to the school that helped her shape who she is, but she gets to teach young girls lessons that they'll remember forever.

Another benefit of Jamie coaching is that her overly competitive husband gets to watch sporting events twice each week, yell at the refs for being less intelligent than a box of rocks yet more self-important than the Kobe Bryant. (To be honest, I have toned down the smart-butt comments a touch since last year).

Anyway, its one of the coolest feelings holding Jarem in my lap, watching Jamie coach those girls. Jarem, the sweetest baby in the world, LOVES basketball and can't take his eyes off of that bouncy round thing. Mr. Mellow will sit through an entire varsity game without getting fussy at all! As I mentioned before, I don't stay as calm during the games. But it's cool to watch him react to clapping and cheering. In fact, if you hold his wrists and bring his hands together, his perma-fists immediately open wide to clapping position. Then his face lights up because he's doing it. (This is one of those little things that I hope live in my memory forever).

As Jamie has mentioned, our camera is "resting its shutter" for a while and we haven't been able to take ANY pictures for over 1 month. Its been hard, especially after taking so many pictures for the first 7 months of our increasingly adorable son's life. I do plan to get a new camera this month..... So watch out. OH also, be on the lookout for a REALLY cute video of our baby J performing his new trick. I don't know if his fascination is with making himself dizzy, or if he is just learning that his neck muscles can fire quickly like his arms... But it is REALLY funny. We'll upload it this week.

As for me, I am back in school at ASU! Hopefully finally completing my degree program. I've got about 2 more years left, but factoring in family obligations and support, it may take more or less time! Please pray for me.

One last thing. Check out this super cute picture that I snapped with my phone a few weeks ago. It almost looks like he's trying to get every last drop out of a root beer bottle. (Must be getting ready for the Cardinals to win the Super Bowl!)

No comments: